Ontsnappen / Vinden and future projects!

Hello all! Terribly sorry a lack of recent music releases and updates, I've been moving flats the past two months whilst working ful...



Hello all! Terribly sorry a lack of recent music releases and updates, I've been moving flats the past two months whilst working full time hours so have found most of my time being swallowed up.

I released a track on Soundcloud a few months ago titled 'Ontsnappen / Vinden' (Escape / Find). I took influence from Christian Loffler and Tim Hecker, trying to recreate a haunting atmosphere whilst also including my electric guitar in the hope of creating a more post-rock sound. The chords used in this piece are actually the same as in my previous post 'Working On A Sad Piano Piece' just with different effects and synths.

As I mentioned on my Soundcloud, I hope for this piece of music to become part of a bigger project. I am trying to work on my first album, which is a challenge when you work a lot and also get tempted to make different styles of music each time you open up Ableton.

I'm trying to create an album which communicates the themes of loss, loneliness and memories. I'm trying to use the same chords in each track I make so there is a recurring melody in each piece to place emphasis on circling emotions and inability to let go. I also want the chord progressions to be very pleasing to listen to, in the hope that anyone who listens begins to notice a trend in each piece and looks forward to the next track so they can hear a similar melody again. This for me would communicate memories and missing a person.

Anyway for anyone who missed it hear is Ontsnappen / Vinden. I'm pretty overwhelmed by the positive response it has received, so thank you!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images