Vaarvel EU

Hi all. I recorded this improvised piano piece on the morning of the EU vote result, I hadn't gotten around to sharing it on my blog...



Hi all.

I recorded this improvised piano piece on the morning of the EU vote result, I hadn't gotten around to sharing it on my blog yet.

I, like many millions of people was deeply upset by the result. I spent a lot of the morning crying in shock. Not just for what I will most likely in terms of identity, freedom of movement etc but also for the lack of protection for those who need it. I feel saddened that so many Vote Leave campaigns were driven by fear and many (not all) voted leave out of fear of what the campaigns drill into you. There's not enough out there about the way in which many poor people are exploited, especially illegal immigrants. They're at risk of being sexually abused, working unpaid, I just get upset imagining.

On the morning of the result I felt a great sense of loss. It took me back to a feeling I had towards the end of last year/beginning of this year when I lost the most important thing in my life. It reminded me of how I feel like the upset and loss I feel from that even will affect me for the rest of my life, similarly to how the EU leave will affect my life.

I hope the emotion of loss comes across in this track. I may choose to include it in my album I am working on and perhaps change the title to "Vaarvel" on the album to apply to the broader feeling of loss. I just feel it's important to know when this piece was made and its initial reason for existence.

Sending love.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images